"The only way out of the fuzziness is to drive right through the uncertainty." - Gary Thomas

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"If Satan can't make you bad, he'll make you busy"

Did you hear that?  Really what is that noise?  Oh wait, that's just my brain EXPLODING from overload.

I accepted a new nanny job last week, and while I don't start until mid April, I have been working a couple days to get to know the kids.  I'll be caring for an adorable, independent, very smart almost 4 year old little girl and her smiley, emotional, binky loving 2 year old brother.  That's in addition to my silly, whiny, bacon eating baby A.  Whom, I really feel like I can't call baby anymore.  I think we'll have to change that to toddling A.

There's that.

Then, Maw Maw B and Auntie are coming to visit this weekend.  And niece and nephew are blessing us with their presence all next week while Auntie goes out of town for work.   Have you ever tried to get anything done in the presence of a 7, 4 and 2 year old?  I thought so.  It doesn't happen. We're going to have a blast, but I assure you nothing productive will take place.  Unless you consider the house not burning down productive.

Soooooo, I've crammed everything that I need to get done over the next two weeks into this one.  Or should I say, into the first 4 days of this week about 8 hours because I can only actually work during toddling A's naps.  I'm lucky if I get 2 hours a day.  We just got new flooring in our living room so I need to paint the baseboards, and I've been trying to overhaul our house decor, including building furniture from Ikea.   Did I mention we're still not unpacked, and only able to park one car in the garage?

Help.

Mr. Satan, you've been doing a good job making me busy, but I won't let you win.  I see what you're doing, and I don't care.  I'll stand still in the middle of this tornado of boxes, laundry, dishes, house decor, diapers, dinner, new flooring and paint and worship and praise the One who created it all.  

New Floors, and toddling A cleaning them, wahoo!
"Write them on the doorframes of your houses" This is really close to my doorframe :)

His, Hers, Our, idea credited to a good friend who did the same.

Also an idea snagged from a friend on facebook, so glad I can make Rob's bad days good :)

Finally a place for my willow tree things, now I just have to find where I packed them!

New Rug for the new floors!

Decal above front door

Ikea furniture, built all by myself. BAM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"This stretch of our sacred journey could be likened to driving through the fog: we may see no landmarks and get little assurance we're even headed the right direction, but the only way out of the fuzziness is to drive right through the uncertainty." - Gary Thomas
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Cherished Uncertainty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena