"The only way out of the fuzziness is to drive right through the uncertainty." - Gary Thomas

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

36 weeks and Hangry



This could also translate into...pregnant: feed me or I'll Cut You!

Seriously people...I could eat all day long, whatever I wanted and still be hungry.  It's like there's a tiny human inside of me consuming all of my food.  Oh..wait.

And now is not the time to be conscious of how much I'm eating.  Or is it?

Did you know that a pregnant woman only needs to consume an extra 300 calories a day?  That's like one snack.

So where do we get this "you're eating for two"?

Because it actually feels like I could eat my dinner, my husband's and probably even the kid's.   I'm blaming the hormones.

It really all comes down to making the right choices. And that's true no matter who you are, pregnant or not. Quality of food is way more important than quantity.

Bad choice...eating pizza for lunch and dinner because you ordered more food than you and your 5 year old could eat at one sitting.  Hey, she looked really hungry.  I may or may not have also had ice cream for dessert.  And...confession....I had a diet pepsi, ack!!!  I haven't had a soda in 2 years.  It's the hormones, it HAS to be the hormones. Sorry baby #2, (could we come up with a name already).  Your sister didn't get even a quarter of the nutrition you're getting and she seems to be okay...verdict is still out.


But I'm paying for it today, I'm tired, unmotivated and just want to eat more junk.  Now is a more important time than any for me to stay healthy.  I am actually eating for two.  Not calories.  But nutritionally.  

Processed, standard American diet on the left in 2010 and unprocessed, whole foods, nutritional program on the right, taken today.


Do I still feel as large as a house, absolutely!    Looking at these pictures can I tell a difference, totally.

Pregnancy is not the time to cut back on calories or try to lose weight but it's also not the time to eat whatever I want.  Just don't tell that to my hangry side...you might lose an eye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"This stretch of our sacred journey could be likened to driving through the fog: we may see no landmarks and get little assurance we're even headed the right direction, but the only way out of the fuzziness is to drive right through the uncertainty." - Gary Thomas
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Cherished Uncertainty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena